“Where we are today, we just need to get the work done and we’ll figure out how to clean it up later. But right now let’s just help people get productive.”
Tim Crawford is a former CIO who now advises CEOs and business executives on strategic IT transformation initiatives. He is also the host of the “CIO in the Know” podcast.
We had originally invited Tim to join Art of Procurement for a conversation about how procurement professionals can most effectively support our IT colleagues in the long term, but as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to dominate headlines and agendas worldwide, we decided to pivot and take this opportunity to discuss some of the IT challenges that are top of mind under the current circumstances.
We asked Tim about the challenges most CIOs are facing on a day-to-day basis, and how procurement can help.
He provided us with great insight into
- [4:14] The three big hurdles that every person, company, community, and country has to get past right now
- [12:49] How today’s successful CIOs have to view their company’s business as a whole, and how that intersects with procurement’s priorities and capabilities
- [19:04] When companies are likely to start looking at cutting costs in a systematic way, and where they are likely to focus first
- [22:37] How CEOs are likely to look at digital transformation initiatives once the pandemic is over
Subscribe to Art of Procurement
Apple | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | Email
Links & Resources
- Tim Crawford on LinkedIn
- CIO in the Know podcast
- Practitioners: get 25% off any ProcureCon North America ticket