This week’s Friday Show is a little different. A recurring theme in my discussions with procurement thought leaders is the need to expand the value that we bring to being more than cost savings alone. With that in mind, I started working with Joanna Martinez (former CPO and Founder of Supply Chain Advisors) and Jordan Early (Head of Research at Old Street Labs) on a series of shows dedicated to the concept of value based procurement.
Joanna, Jordan and I met earlier this week to start mapping out the series. I loved the points being raised so much that I asked Joanna and Jordan if I could hit the record button. What follows is a short conversation on what value based procurement is, and why it is so important to our future.
“The procurement organization has to take the initiative. There is no reason for the rest of the organization to do anything different, so it has got to be driven by procurement.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why procurement organizations have to change from being solely know as cost cutters
- An overview of value based procurement.
- Why the time is now.
- Why change has to come from within.
- An introduction to the upcoming Art of Procurement series on Value Based Procurement.
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to The Art of Procurement
- Joanna Martinez of Supply Chain Advisors LLC on LinkedIn.
- Jordan Early of Old St. Labs on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn post and subsequent article that stimulated the original discussion.
Thanks for Listening!