Carlson Rezidor – one of the largest hotel groups in the world with brands such as Radisson and Park Place – embarked on a path to identify, build and deploy a global source to pay platform in mid-2015.
I am joined on the Art of Procurement today by Scott Deibert, the SVP of Procurement, and Bart Baetens, Director of E-Procurement for Carlson Residor. In today’s show, we chronicle their journey.
I ask Scott and Bart to share the key decision points and lessons learned, as they sought to transform their global procurement technology stack.
iTunes | Subscribe | Rate & Review
“One of our key learnings is that you should never underestimate the change management process involved in such a roll-out. Adoption is also very much driven by local needs – adoption varied greatly based on the market conditions in each country”
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why did Carlson Rezidor decide to pivot from their existing technology stack to a new solution.
- Why did they decide to source an end to end suite rather than a series of point solutions.
- What was their key criteria for selecting the platform that they ultimately chose?
- What were some of their key challenges as they deployed and rolled out the platform?
- What would they do differently?
- What is the once area that they still continue to struggle with.
- How are they planning to continue to leverage procurement tech post roll-out – what is the #1 technology capability that is on the horizon that they want to take advantage of.
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to the Art of Procurement podcast.
- Scott Deibert & Bart Baetens on LinkedIn
- Zycus Horizon 2016 (note: use AOP749 for a 25% discount)