Carlson Rezidor – one of the largest hotel groups in the world with brands such as Radisson and Park Place – embarked on a path to identify, build and deploy a global source to pay platform in mid-2015.
I am joined on the Art of Procurement today by Scott Deibert, the SVP of Procurement, and Bart Baetens, Director of E-Procurement for Carlson Residor. In today’s show, we chronicle their journey.
I ask Scott and Bart to share the key decision points and lessons learned, as they sought to transform their global procurement technology stack.
“One of our key learnings is that you should never underestimate the change management process involved in such a roll-out. Adoption is also very much driven by local needs – adoption varied greatly based on the market conditions in each country”
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why did Carlson Rezidor decide to pivot from their existing technology stack to a new solution.
- Why did they decide to source an end to end suite rather than a series of point solutions.
- What was their key criteria for selecting the platform that they ultimately chose?
- What were some of their key challenges as they deployed and rolled out the platform?
- What would they do differently?
- What is the once area that they still continue to struggle with.
- How are they planning to continue to leverage procurement tech post roll-out – what is the #1 technology capability that is on the horizon that they want to take advantage of.
Links and Resources: