As the skill sets that CPO’s require from their procurement professionals continues to evolve, the market for the most qualified talent is becoming more competitive than ever. Previously, the lure of a brand, or a small step up in responsibilities and salary was enough to attract the best and brightest. As a candidate, you were told to be happy that someone – anyone – was willing to give you a pay check.
How things change.
In today’s show, Andrew Daley, co-founder of procurement recruitment firm Edbury Daley provides his insight on what the most effective firms are doing to attract the best procurement talent in the market.
“For emerging procurement professionals, my advice would be very much try and get yourself on projects whereby you’re going to get exposure to the power of technology. Because moving forward that is going to be vital for the big jobs.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Andrew coaches professionals to cope with the lack of upward opportunities, both internally and externally.
- What skills are CPO’s currently struggling to hire.
- The important of talent attraction in hiring premium talent.
- Best and worst practices in talent attraction.
- How candidates can make themselves more attractive to potential employers.
- The current health of the UK procurement job market.
Links and Resources:
- Andrew Daley on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Edbury Daley, the UK based procurement recruitment consultancy co-founded by Andrew Daley.
- Procurement Quarterly UK Market Update – an update on the state of the UK procurement job market published by Edbury Daley.
Thanks for Listening!