the biggest issue that any procurement function has to solve in terms of their value proposition, is being able to align the business’s perception of procurement’s value with procurement’s perception of their own value.
Today’s guest is Oliver Gall, the Head of Global Sourcing at S&P Global. Oliver has responsibility for the strategic vision, operational planning and the execution of Procurement strategy and he leads a team of direct reports and outsourced functions located in multiple locations across the world.
In our conversation, we focused on the future of the procurement operating model – we consider what this is likely to look like, how we all can adapt to thrive in this new environment, and what are some of the unknowns that we need to keep a look out for.
We also talked about our own development, and that of our teams, as Oliver provides some great advice on how to manage the panic that often sets in when faced with change, or new challenges!
I left the conversation inspired both by the opportunities available to us, and the power of our own individual choices in taking advantage of those opportunities.
Subscribe to Art of Procurement
Apple | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | Email
- We are on the verge of a new dawn in terms of the way that procurement can add value.
- This new dawn presents both opportunities and risks.
- Procurement professionals have a significant amount of control if they actively manage their careers.
Links & Resources
- Subscribe to the Art of Procurement podcast
- Oliver Gall on LinkedIn
- The CatalystCo Platform Early Access Details
- Live Workshop: Creating Your Procurement Catalyst Plan for Action