What will the future of procurement look like, and how as procurement professionals can we prepare for disruption that is heading our way?
In the first of a two part series, I explore the likelihood that procurement as a function will even exist in 10 years time – in response to a number of projections that I have recently heard about the future of our profession.
I then share my perspective on how I believe procurement will evolve, based on both my personal experiences and learnings to date from interviewing thought leaders on the Art of Procurement.
iTunes | Subscribe | Rate & Review
“I do believe that a lot of the activities that we do today are going to go away – the tactical, transactional and perhaps even some of what we talk about today as being strategic.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- The confluence of factors that have led me to step back and consider if there is a future for procurement as a function.
- My projection on what the procurement function will look like in 10 years, and the reasonings behind my thinking
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to The Art of Procurement
- 50 Lessons from 50 Shows: Art of Procurement Free Report
- Philip Ideson on LinkedIn
- EP80: Disruptive Innovation and the Future of Procurement w/ Christian Lanng