As you may be aware, I am planning on a number of category specific shows. The intent is to provide insights, tactics and strategies that both help professionals that manage particular categories – or lead other people that do. However, these shows also help professionals that manage other categories apply some different thinking to their book of business.
Today’s guest on The Art Of Procurement is Bob Rodwell, Owner of Incaman Limited and Senior Consultant with Reforma Consultancy. Bob helps procurement departments build stronger engagement with Marketing stakeholders.
“When building relationships with Marketing, you should engage early, and without an agenda. Allow them to establish their own needs.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to become relevant when managing the Marketing category.
- How to Apply Marketing Procurement best practices to become relevant to your difficult stakeholders.
- Best practices for managing RFP’s for creative services.
- Why Pepsi decentralizing marketing procurement was a one off, and not part of a broader trend.
- What people should do today if they want to start thinking about building stronger relationships with marketing.
Episode Transcript (PDF):
- Click here to download a copy of today’s episode transcript (PDF).
Links and Resources:
- 21 Tips to Secure Your Dream Procurement Job
- Incaman Limited
- Marketing at Incaman
- PepsiCo’s closure of its global marketing procurement department in November
- Incaman on Twitter
- Bob Rodwell on LinkedIn.
Thanks for Listening!