On this weeks episode of The Art Of Procurement, my guest is Alex Short. I was fortunate to be introduced to Alex Short by Gerard Chick, who I interviewed recently for the show.
Gerard introduced Alex as a pioneer in the procurement space, and he wasn’t wrong. Alex is a passionate entrepreneur who is focused on elevating the role of procurement through facilitating stronger and deeper supplier relationships.
Alex Short, is the co-founder of Old Street Labs, and Old Street Labs’ main product, Vizibl.
“It is amazing how often a supplier doesn’t know that they are performing badly until it is too late.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to start building true two-way collaborative supplier relationships.
- Why the term supplier relationship management has been muddied somewhat.
- Why supplier collaboration is so important to the future of procurement.
- Should you only be focused on building collaborative relationships with your most strategic suppliers
- The kind of behaviours procurement professionals who are successful at building collaborative relationships have.
- What to do if you have a difficult relationship with a supplier that you want to be more collaborative with.
Episode Transcript (PDF):
- Click here to download a copy of today’s episode transcript (PDF).
Links and Resources:
- 14 Questions to Ask to Determine the Longevity of Your Supplier Engagement
- Alex Short on LinkedIn
- Alex Short on Twitter
- Harvard Business Review: Leaders Can No Longer Afford to Downplay Procurement by Matthew Eatough
Thanks for Listening!