On today’s Art of Procurement, I welcome Coupa President and CEO Rob Bernshteyn to the show. In our discussion, Rob and I focus on the concept of value as a service, and the benefits of focusing on delivering outcomes rather than tasks.
I then question Rob on what procurement leaders can apply from the principles of value of a service as they look to build a more stakeholder orientated procurement delivery model and the capabilities that underpin it.
“Where I have seen procurement leaders do exceptionally well in terms of driving change, and driving visibility to the value of procurement, is when they align themselves to the strategic plans of the company.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- What originally attracted Rob to join Coupa?
- What have been some of the fundamental pillars that have supported Coupa’s growth since Rob joined?
- Why Rob believes that organizations need to focus first on simplifying business processes before levering other technologies such as AI
- What were the reasons that motivated Rob to write Value-as-a-Service: Embracing the Coming Disruption
- How Rob defines the concept of value-as-a-service
- Rob’s perspectives on who within the organization should define the notion of value
- How procurement leaders can apply the 10 core principles of value-as-a-service to building a stronger, stakeholder centric, procurement organization
Links and Resources: