On this weeks episode of The Art Of Procurement, my guest is Terri Gallagher and we discuss how procurement can optimize the management of temporary labor.
Terri Gallagher is President & CEO of Gallagher and Consultants, an advisory firm that help companies build and implement end to end workforce management strategies.
“Your workforce intermediary partner is going to be one of your most valuable assets, particularly when 25% or more of your workforce is now most likely temporary talent.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- What makes up a contingent labor program
- What is an MSP vs. a VMS
- The minimum amount of temporary labor spend that a company needs to have before is makes sense to invest in a formal program with an MSP and VMS
- Why the formal management of temporary labor through a contingent workforce program is becoming more of a necessity vs 5 – 10 years ago
- What changes have there been in the workforce landscape and in organizations that make it critical to look at having the right strategy for optimizing as well as management of your total temporary workforce that may require engaging expertise that specialize in temporary workforce strategy
- Benefits of utilizing technology and workforce intermediary expertise in outsourcing management of your temporary labor
- How selecting the right workforce intermediary and technology mix contribute to bottom line results
- What is the role of Procurement vs HR
- Examples of where procurement have been particularly engaged in a way that brought value and not just processes
- Examples that procurement and category leaders can do to positively influence the value that a company derives from its contingent labor program
- Advice for someone in procurement who is going to market for an MSP and VMS solutions
Episode Transcript (PDF):
- Click here to download a copy of today’s episode transcript (PDF).
Links and Resources:
- 21 Tips to Secure Your Dream Procurement Job
- Recommend A Guest
- Gallagher and Consultants
- Staffing Industry Analysis Blogs
- Terri Email: Terri@gallagherandconsultants.com
- Terri Phone: (704) 620-2483
- Terri Gallagher on LinkedIn
Thanks for Listening!