I am honored that Tania Seary, Founder of Procurious, accepted my invitation to be the first guest on the Art of Procurement Show.
If you are not aware of Procurious, it is an online business network dedicated to procurement professionals. Online networking and social media are becoming an important part of a procurement leaders’ tool set. The opportunities this creates for procurement is a key theme in this episode.
As a Founder of three procurement related businesses – The Faculty, The Source and now Procurious – Tania is a leader in our community. In this episode, we discuss a wide range of topics, from the impact that nano-niching will have on the procurement careers of the future, to the importance of social media in winning the war for talent.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The unusual owner of the original procurious.com URL.
- How Tania launched a Procurement Consulting Firm in a country where she had no procurement network.
- Why culture is so important in building a team.
- Why the future of procurement is “nano-niche”, and what impact that will have on procurement careers in the future.
- What you need to do to develop a competitive advantage in your procurement career.
- What made Tania decide to launch Procurious.
- What Tania’s vision is for the future of Procurious.
- What your social media profile says about you to potential hires, suppliers and peers.
- How can a procurement leader use social media to their advantage?
- The impact having a Millennial Mentor can have on a procurement leader.
- What should a procurement professional or leader do today to begin engaging in social media without feeling overwhelmed.
Links and Resources:
Thanks for Listening!