How can professionals best position themselves for success in the new era of procurement? That is the question that I explore in the second of a two part series on the factors that look to change the shape of our profession.
In this episode, I explain the notion of a two-tier procurement profession, and the six different role types that I believe will be fundamental in ensuring that procurement remains relevant in times of significant change.
iTunes | Subscribe | Rate & Review
“What is interesting to me about this is that I don’t necessarily think it means there are less procurement jobs in the future than today if we are successful in changing our value proposition – what I believe will be our limiting factor is a shortage of the talent needed at scale to deliver the new value proposition.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why I believe that the procurement profession is quickly becoming on of haves and have nots.
- What we can do to position ourselves for success in the new era of procurement.
- The six different skill sets that I believe will be core to the future of procurement, and why they are so important.
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to The Art of Procurement
- Art of Procurement 1:1 Coaching Program
- 50 Lessons from 50 Shows: Art of Procurement Free Report
- Philip Ideson on LinkedIn