This week is Big Idea Week on the Art of Procurement – a mini series of shorter interviews with procurement thought leaders ahead of their participation in the Procurious Big Idea Summit.
Today, I sat down with Gabe Perez, the Vice President of Strategy and Market Development at Coupa. Gabe shares his thoughts on a number of procurement technology issues, including the potential for cognitive computing, the need to focus on the value that technology can provide to all users to ensure its success, and why open platforms are the future of procurement technology.
“Procurement is an area that is ripe with opportunities for disruption.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- Is the potential of cognitive computing hype or reality – or somewhere in between?
- Why it is critical that procurement technology must provide value to all users, and not just procurement
- What key to stakeholder engagement
- How to drive adoption of procurement technology
- What impact the software-as-a-service model will have on procurement technology
- Why open platforms represent the future, and how to connect all constituents into the platform
- The number one thing that Gabe suggests procurement professionals do today to increase the value they deliver for their stakeholders.
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to The Art of Procurement
- Gabe Perez on LinkedIn and Procurious
- Coupa Corporate Blog
- The Next Big Idea: Eliminating Supplier Enablement (blog post by Gabe Perez on Procurious)
Thanks for Listening!