“How do I get from where I am today to where I would like to be?”
In the age of digital transformation, it goes without saying that change is on everyone’s mind. But despite all of the energy we are putting into thinking about change, we may or may not be seeing that change come to pass.
In this week’s podcast, host Philip Ideson speaks with Chris Sawchuck, Principal and Global Procurement Advisory Practice Leader at The Hackett Group. They recently released a new research report titled “World-Class Procurement: Redefining Performance in a Digital Era”.
In Chris’ experience, many procurement teams are looking for step-by-step guides for change that would be better led more organically, by a leader with a vision for proving procurements’ intrinsic value. One example is a question he is asked often: “How do we become a trusted advisor?” Rather than looking for details as to how, Chris instead characterizes the traits he sees most often in advisory procurement teams, not the least of which is balancing agility with consistency.
In this conversation, Chris shares his advice about:
- Emerging technologies and how they are being incorporated into the existing procurement technology landscape by world-class organizations.
- Avoiding a focus on lengthy, 200-page policy manuals that no one is going to read or follow.
- What he sees happening in the teams that successfully lead change from within, including investments in automation, education and execution.
Subscribe to Art of Procurement
Links & Resources
- Thanks to today’s title sponsor, TraDove. For more information and to join the Art of Procurement private community for free, click here.
- Chris Sawchuck on LinkedIn
- Report: World-Class Procurement: Redefining Performance in a Digital Era
- Practitioners: get 25% off any ProcureCon North America 2019 ticket