On this weeks episode of The Art Of Procurement, we are joined by Alun Rafique and Nick Drewe, co-founders of Market Dojo, to discuss when and how you can use eAuctions as part of your Sourcing Tool Kit.
Market Dojo is a niche technology provider in the procurement space who provide primarily e-auction technology.
“I don’t think we’d rule in or rule out any particular category for an eAuction.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- What is an e-auction
- The pro’s and cons of different types of auctions such as Ranked, Open or Japanese auctions, and when it makes sense to use each type
- How using an e-auction does not mean the sourcing award has to be based solely on price
- How suppliers are validated to go into auctions to make sure they are able to provide the business that is up for grabs
- What needs to be present for an e-auction to be successful
- The one key aspect that is key to determining if an e-auction is appropriate or not
Episode Transcript (PDF):
- Click here to download a copy of today’s episode transcript (PDF).
Links and Resources:
- 21 Tips to Secure Your Dream Procurement Job
- Market Dojo
- Alun Rafique on LinkedIn
- Nick Drewe on LinkedIn
- Phone: UK (0044) 117 230 9200
- Nick on Skype: marketdojo.nick
- Nick on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alun on Skype: marketdojo.alun
- Alun on Email: email@example.com
Thanks for Listening!