This week, rather than publish my normal Friday solo show, I am going to share another great interview. Procurement consulting firm Advanced Purchasing Dynamics (APD) recently surveyed a cross section of President’s, CEO’s and CFO’s across the manufacturing industry to understand how they perceived the role of procurement. To any procurement professional, regardless of industry, the results were both eye opening and alarming!
Today’s guest on the show is Jeoff Burris, the Founder of APD. Jeoff shares the key findings from APD’s research, and how he believes that procurement leaders and professionals should react to build build stronger relationships and relevancy with the c-suite.
“With every commodity you’ve got to have a strategy for how you’re going to control and manage cost over time, and how you’re going to gauge whether you’re getting a good price or a bad price.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- The findings of a recent survey by Advanced Purchasing Dynamics on CEO’s perceptions of procurement:
- Do CEO’s believe the procurement add’s value that drops to the bottom line?
- Do CEO’s believe that procurement is effective in delivering all available cost savings?
- Do CEO’s believe that procurement is aligned with the needs of customers, and in supporting their organizations efforts to win new business?
- How can procurement become more effective in delivering bottom line value?
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to The Art of Procurement
- Jeoff Burris on LinkedIn.
- Advanced Purchasing Dynamics Home Page
Thanks for Listening!