Experts On-Demand by Art of Procurement transforms your procurement capabilities by giving you access to the expertise, guidance and insights you need when you need them. Tap into our pre-vetted network of seasoned experts on an as-needed, project or interim basis.
- Expert-led consultations
- Strategy & coaching
- Quick-start pilot program
- Buy briefings
PROJECT & INTERIM SUPPORT
- Traditional consulting
- Strategy & execution
- Multiple commercial models
How it works
Our advisory practice provides procurement organizations with on-call expert access to supplement their team’s capabilities.
As with our other programs, we emphasize flexibility by offering our advisory services via ‘blocks of hours’ rather than cumbersome services contracts that are hard to approve or lock you in.
The cost of the time to be redeemed is dependent upon the number of hours required, the qualifications of the expert and the allocation of their time. The more hours you buy, the lower the cost per hour. An AOP Expert Facilitator will work with you to ensure you get the most out of your time.
Procurement Capability Support
- Organizational design strategy
- Leadership coaching
- Transformation support
- Strategy vetting and validation
- Interviewing potential hires
Category Management Support
- Category market insights
- Category opportunity assessment
- Category strategy development
- Strategy execution coaching
- Supplier performance improvement
Strategic Sourcing Support
- Sourcing strategy selection
- Targeted supplier list development
- RFP execution strategy
- Supplier response and negotiation strategy
- Contracting & redline strategy
How to Engage:
Step 1: Identify Need
Discuss your challenge or opportunity with our expert facilitator.
Step 2: Schedule Call
We select an expert that matches your needs and schedule a call.
Step 3: Consultation
Our expert engages with you directly to answer your questions and provide their guidance on the topic.
Step 4: Next Steps
You and our expert determine if any follow up briefings or activities are required.
Your dedicated Expert Facilitator works with you monthly to proactively match your upcoming needs with the most appropriate Expert.
Built for organizations that require traditional consulting and interim support but need that external expertise to be flexible enough to match the fluidity of their priorities
- Spend category: financial risk products
- Baseline and opportunity assessment
- Sourcing, negotiation and contracting
- Implementation of new contracts
- Commercial model: no-risk gain share
- Expert: 25 years of category and industry experience
- Industry: quick-service restaurants
- Current state benchmarking
- Opportunity assessment
- Future-state organizational design
- Transformation prioritization roadmap
- Commercial model: fixed fee.
- Expert: 20-years transformation experience including with “Big 4” consulting.
- Global team of 6 IT category experts
- Experts based in US & UK
- 1-week from scoping to team build-out
- Number of resources deployed flex based on project demand
- Commercial model: cost per FTE
- Experts: 10-35 years of IT category experience
How to Engage:
Step 1: Identify Need
Capture your challenge or opportunity by discussing it with our Expert Facilitator.
Step 2: Review Options
Review qualified recommendations on how to proceed.
Step 3: Select Expert
Approve the preferred approach and we secure the expert(s).
Step 4: Expert(s) Mobilized
We support the expert(s) and are accountable for their outcomes.
Our Expertise Includes the Following Areas of Spend
We mobilize our extensive network to identify resources for industry-specific expertise where it does not currently exist within our pre-vetted ecosystem.