Since we started Art of Procurement almost six years ago, a broad range of executives, practitioners, academics, and more have shared over 3.2M words of wisdom in our podcasts, webinars, virtual events, and long-form writing. They all share the singular goal of helping forward-thinking leaders change the game for procurement’s impact.
When we create content, we do so through three lenses:
1. Does this content meet the high standards we set for ourselves? We aim to create niche content that is valuable and actionable for its intended audience. We do not create content for the sake of page views or to fill up social media streams.
2. How can we make this content more accessible? Podcasting is a passive medium where listeners can engage with content while multi-tasking (exercising, commuting, doing chores, etc.). However, with less than 1 in 4 people listening to podcasts each week, there is a large community of procurement leaders who do not benefit from the insights we share. With time increasingly at a premium, how can we distill this content into bite-sized pieces that can be easily consumed?
3. How can we make this content more actionable? We have a saying in our editorial meetings: “content without action is no more than entertainment.” We use the hashtag #TakeAction across social media and our How-To library in the premium area of AOP Mastermind includes “Take Action” tips. We strive to ensure the learnings from our podcasts translate into actions, despite the fact that it is consumed passively. Yet it can be difficult to translate learnings from podcasts into actions, just due to the fact that the content is consumed passively.
At our recent all-hands meeting in Boston, we mapped out the next 18 months, and we are once again raising the bar on ourselves. We strive every day to deliver on our evolving vision – to democratize access to the insights, resources, and expertise that procurement leaders need to have a direct impact on the heart of the business.
Today, you can see the next step on this journey.
Firstly, we have reoriented the artofprocurement.com home page as a curation center of our content. We’ve made it much easier for you to find the content that will help you on your own journey.
Secondly, we will be digging into our treasure trove of content – and those of some of our partners – to bring you a daily piece of insight or inspiration. These will mostly be short articles, aimed at delivering actionable insights as quickly as possible. Having seen our content calendar for the next 6 weeks, I’m really excited about what we will be sharing with you!
- Bookmark artofprocurement.com
- Check-in every day for our latest article, podcast, or video.
- Subscribe to our email newsletter for our weekly digest, This Week in Procurement, as well as early access to our long-form AOP Insider articles.