January 2017 marks the first month of a new collaboration that I am very excited about.
I am co-hosting a new monthly show, imaginatively titled The Month in Procurement, with Mark Perera. Mark is the CEO and Founder of Old St Labs, the Founder of Procurement Leaders, and as I have got to know him, I see how passionate he is about levering innovation and technology to help businesses really harness the power of their supply networks.
The show is meant to be a conversation. We’ll be bringing in other people to join us every month to just chat about the issues of the day and their impact on procurement, and, frankly, anything that we have on our mind! I’ll be leaving the edit button at home, so what we say, is what you will hear!
Topics that Mark and I talk about include:
- An Introduction to This Month in Procurement
- Trump, Brexit and the impact of geopolitics
- M&A in Procurement: Coupa/Spend360 & WNS/Denali
- Accuracy of past procurement technology projections – why has progress been slower than predicted, and what does the future hold?
- Optimization vs. transformation of the procurement delivery model.
Links and Resources:
- Days of Future Past: The Accuracy of Year-End Procurement “Predictions” by Gordon Donovan and Philip Ideson