Welcome to the second This Month in Procurement show, a monthly collaboration with my good friend Mark Perera.
This month, we focused on three key areas – the health of the procurement press, the Deloitte CPO Survey findings, and supply chain risk.
The show is a conversation – no fancy editing, just Mark and I sharing our thoughts on the world of procurement, and some of the topics impacting our profession. And for the first time, you can now listen to the Directors Cut, or watch our conversation in full on video.
As ever, I’d love to hear your thoughts on how we can continue to improve and evolve the format of the show!
Audio (The Directors Cut!)
Topics that Mark and I discuss include:
- What Mark and I have been working on this past month.
- The health of the procurement press:
- Where do procurement leaders get their news?
- The fine line between editorial independence and service provider bias.
- The relevancy of old-school analyst firm 2X2 market analysis and positioning.
- Are procurement pro’s willing to pay for bias-free content under a subscription model?
- The Deloitte 2017 CPO Survey
- Balancing act of short term profitability vs. long term growth
- Creating an environment to enable collaboration
- How we talk about wanting change, and businesses want to engage procurement more in growth, but we continue to pull the same tactical levers
- Supply Chain Risk
- Risk mitigation is a key topic given current political uncertainty around the world.
- Ways to structure a procurement risk management team.