This week is Big Idea Week on the Art of Procurement – a mini series of shorter interviews with procurement thought leaders ahead of their participation in the Procurious Big Idea Summit.
Today, I welcomed Martin Chilcott, Founder and CEO of 2degrees, onto the show. Martin is a serial entrepreneur and a sought after speaker who is passionate about solving our greatest supply chain sustainability challenges. In our conversation, Martin shares why sustainability is critical as we attempt to accommodate a growing global middle class, and the role that procurement can play in building sustainable supply chains through the power of collaboration.
“If we are to support the growing population of the world and live and keep our lifestyles, we have got to make our supply chains sustainable.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- The importance of supply chain sustainability
- How organizations can justify the ROI of investment in sustainability when lower cost alternatives may exist
- How companies can harness the power of collaboration across all constituents – competitors, suppliers and consumers – to protect our more important supply chains
- What role procurement can play in helping build sustainable supply chains
Procurious Big Idea Week:
To sign up to be a digital delegate at the 2016 Procurious Big Idea Summit on April 21st, check out the Summit website, here. To listen to other interviews with Big Idea Summit speakers, find them here.
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to The Art of Procurement
- Martin Chilcott on LinkedIn
- 2degrees Homepage
- Further reading: Q&A – What is Supply Chain Collaboration? (blog post); How Supplier Collaboration is Changing the Game (whitepaper).
Thanks for Listening!