I am joined today on the Art of Procurement by Dawn Tiura – the President and CEO of SIG, or Sourcing Industry Group.
Dawn and I’s paths have crossed many times over the past 18 months, and It was great that we were able to finally carve out some time for a chat in between our travel schedules!
In today’s conversation, Dawn shares a little bit of her background, her inspirations and motivations that have guided her career to date, and the mission that she is pursuing for SIG. I also ask Dawn what are the challenges that are top of mind of the CPO’s that she talks with on a regular basis.
But the basis of our conversation is around technology and digitization, and the impact on procurement. I’ve had some recent shows talking about this in the more abstract sense but what I loved about my chat with Dawn is that she just rolls off use case after use case of real world examples of how technologies such as RPA, augmented reality and 3-D printing are impacting procurement TODAY – never mind in the future.
“A bot is not the same as what you automated before. It is game changing. If you are going to be a sourcing professional today, you have got to have an insatiable curiosity and you’ve got to be reading and educating yourself, because if not, somebody else is going to come in and do it to you.” – Dawn Tiura, SIG
In this episode, you will learn:
- How SIG has evolved in the 10 years since Dawn became President and CEO.
- How quickly things are changing in the procurement sourcing space.
- Are the metrics we are using holding us back?
- What are the procurement leaders that Dawn talks to actually most concerned about right now and what are some of their greatest challenges.
- Is RPA automation the next practice for procurement?
- What are some real world examples that demonstrate the power of automation and 3-D printing.
- How procurement professionals can embrace all this new technology.
- What’s next for SIG?
Links and Resources: