Last week I joined almost 300 procurement peers from around the world at the first Spend Matters ISM Global Procurement Tech Summit in Baltimore, Maryland. As the event came to a close, I spent 15 minutes catching up with Jason Busch – Founder and Head of Strategy at Azul Partners and Spend Matters – discussing what it took to put together an event of this size, and the key takeaways that Jason took from from the conference.
*note: due to Easter Week, this week’s episode with Jason replaces the regular Friday Show this week*
In this episode, you will learn:
- Jason’s motivation for hosting the conference, and how his team determined the theme and content that the conference covered.
- The changes in procurement technology that are taking place that will impact how we buy in the future
- The limitations of end to end procurement technology suites
- Are we moving towards a future of platforms and apps?
- What is the potential of cognitive learning technologies?
- Will ProcureTech be back in 2017?
Links and Resources:
- Jason Busch on Spend Matters, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Global Procurement Tech Summit 2016 Event Home Page (ISM)
- Global Procurement Tech Summit Wrap Up (Spend Matters)
- Subscribe to Art Of Procurement
Thanks for Listening!