My guest today is Chris Camejo, the Director of Product Management and Threat Intelligence at NTT Security – probably the scariest sounding title I’ve ever had here on Art of Procurement. Chris and I discussed what threat intelligence means and what role procurement can play in strengthening a company’s security risk level.
“If you get an organization that looks at procurement’s request for pre-contract security or penetration testing and runs away screaming, you should probably run away in the other direction and look at another option.” – Chris Camejo
Highlights from the Show Include:
- Chris explains that threats often become reality just because people are following what they perceive as established process – and not thinking critically about the details.
- Remember that ‘it won’t happen to me’ is the most dangerous point of view in corporate and personal security.
- Outsourcing responsibility for customer data to a third party does not eliminate or reduce the obligation to protect it.
- Budget limitations that prevent appropriate investments in data security are often the greatest risk companies face.
- Data, money, and computing power all face risk without the proper data security in place.
Links and Resources: