The makeup of the workforce is changing rapidly, with a shift to contingent and on-demand workers. At the same time, the service industry and enabling technology that underpins the flow of contingent workers is undergoing a revolution. So how can we make sense of all these moving parts, and enable our organizations take advantage of this new normal?
This is the topic of today’s show, with contingent workforce expert Terri Gallagher. This is the third in a three part series that Terri and I have recorded on contingent labor and procurement, and definitely the most thought provoking!
“The average percentage of temporary workers in an organization is 20% today, and it is expected to be 50% of the entire workforce by 2020.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- What are the factors that are creating a “new normal” in the contingent labor category
- Which types of jobs are likely to suffer from acute talent shortages in the future
- How is technology impacting the future of work?
- What Terri suggests the next generation of contingent workforce solutions and programs will look like
- How Procurement can lead the change in helping their organizations take advantage of the “new normal”
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to The Art of Procurement
- AOP #20: How Procurement Can Optimize the Management of Temporary Labor, with Terri Gallagher
- AOP #39: How to Select the Right Temporary Workforce Management Solution, with Terri Gallagher
- BONUS: Take Terri’s Contingent Labor Health Check Self Assessment (see signup box at the bottom of this page)
- Gallagher & Consultants
- Terri Gallagher on LinkedIn
Thanks for Listening!