FedEx has been in the news a lot lately, and for all the wrong reasons. They are facing a challenge from many of the 6,000 contractors that handle their FedEx Ground and FedEx Ground Economy deliveries.
Spencer Patton has been the loudest voice in the dispute. As FedEx’s largest Ground contractor – at least until August 26th when his contract was cancelled – he has used his voice to call attention to the financial and operational difficulties faced by contractors. Many of those independent service providers gathered together in person at the 2022 Contractor Expo, held just days before Patton was terminated and FedEx sued his company in Federal Court.
In this week’s Dial P audio podcast, Kelly Barner looks into the source of the dispute between FedEx and their Ground contractors:
- What is the current status of the FedEx Ground contractor dispute and where did it begin?
- What of we know about Spencer Patton?
- What are the contractors main pain points?
- What has FedEx’s response been?
- How does the ongoing saga look from a macro perspective – and what we have learned from FedEx’s recent financial disclosures?