“We have an environment where the business is willing to go into battle with procurement to try and get wins because they know executives care about cost savings. They know that there is kudos to be had for working with procurement to shave 20 percent off of a half-million-dollar contract.” —Colin Glazier, VP of Solution Consulting, Zip
All companies are works in progress, as are the many professionals dedicated to their operational performance and efficiency. Since today’s business conditions are far from being straightforward, having a better read of the macro landscape can represent a significant competitive advantage.
In this episode, based on an AOP Live session, Art of Procurement’s Philip Ideson was joined by Rujul Zaparde, Founder and CEO of Zip, and Colin Glazier, VP of Solutions Consulting at Zip. They regularly hear different perspectives on the challenges and opportunities that will be presented to all of us, as well as suggestions about what we can start doing now to make the most of the new year.
Rujul and Colin answered questions from the Art of Procurement community about three key areas:
- How macro-economic trends and pressures will affect providers and practitioners differently, and exhibit themselves in each group’s work
- The impact that no-code platforms and automation may have on user friction and compliance
- New approaches procurement can take to influence specific categories and relationships today and in the future
Subscribe to Art of Procurement
Apple | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | Email
Links & Resources
- Rujul Zaparde on LinkedIn
- Colin Glazier on LinkedIn
- WATCH AGAIN: Forecasting the Future: Executive Predictions for 2023
- Understanding the Performance and Relationship Implications of the Procurement Employee Experience