Sustainable expense management programs should be managed to align outcomes with company objectives. Doing so amplifies their impact, strengthens stakeholder and supplier relationships, and provides real savings that can be reinvested as necessary.
In this 5-part special series, Art of Procurement Host Philip Ideson will take you through the keys to running a successful expense management program, pitfalls to look out for, and tactics to cover incumbent supplier management, strategic sourcing, and demand and category management.
In part 1, we focus on how to get your expense management program off the ground:
- Step 1: Data Collection and Analysis – Getting a complete view of your supplier expenses
- Step 2: Needs Assessment – At the enterprise, functional, and stakeholder levels
- Step 3: Build a Structure – Establishing governance and approvals processes
- Step 4: Build a Wave Plan – Prioritizing risk mitigation initiatives
- Step 5: Deliver – Executing against expense management tactics at the category level.
Subscribe to Art of Procurement
Apple | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | Email
Links & Resources
If you are considering starting (or revamping) an expense management program of your own, you’ll want to check out our free resources: The Ultimate Guide To Expense Management: Achieving Cost Savings That Stick and 24 Expense Reduction Tactics that Generate Cash for Your Business.