“We have figured out that the key to really democratizing data is two things: 1. make it easy enough that a small organization can actually work with it without dedicated analysts, and 2. have a price point that allows small organizations to purchase it.”
Procurement has always been fertile ground for tech entrepreneurs. We have pulled together some of the most compelling – and potentially disruptive – procurement solutions for a Special Startup Series. We will ask each entrepreneur questions about what gap in the market their solution addresses, how they differentiate their technology and what their tools look like in action.
In this podcast, we interview Arvid Fredin and Nils Lundgren, the team behind Spendency, the self-proclaimed “easy to use” spend analysis solution founded in 2015.
Discussion highlights include:
- Why ‘ease of use’ is both the most important and the most difficult sell
- How their belief in democratizing access to advanced analytics is reflected in Spendency’s reflects the commercial model and company structure
- The advantage associated with embedding process-based thinking into a tool so that workflows do not have to be rolled out heavy-handedly to users
*Please note: all participants in this series contributed towards the production costs of the podcast, but had no influence over the podcast content
Subscribe to Art of Procurement
Links & Resources
- Arvid Fredin on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arvidfredin/
- Nils Lundgren on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nilslundgren/
- Spendency: https://spendency.com/
- Hear all episodes in this Startup Series
- Practitioners: get 25% off any ProcureCon North America ticket