“Stop the spreadsheet madness!” – Pierre Lapree, Founder of Per Angusta
This week’s podcast is based on our recent AOP Live session with Pierre Lapree and Jason Treida. They joined us last month to take live audience questions about how procurement can maximize the value potential of automation while ensuring that performance management is not lost in the ‘noise’ of technology.
Most of today’s technology focuses on either the transactional aspects of procurement (P2P) or shiny new toys (RPA/AI/Blockchain). It does not necessarily provide a holistic view our activity and performance. And yet, it is those activities and that performance that determine procurement’s impact and influence now and in the future.
In this live session, we discussed:
- Procurement’s Fascination with ‘Shiny’ Technology
- The stages of procurement maturity, and how performance should be measured and incentivized as we progress
- The power and importance of corporate ‘rituals’
- How a careful consideration of procurement performance management requires us to approach technology selection and implementation differently
As you will see in the post-event download, we received audience questions that dug into every aspect of the tension created by the rapid adoption of emerging technology and the recognition that human talent is – and likely always will be – the greatest performance differentiator of all.
Subscribe to Art of Procurement
Links & Resources
- Webinar Download: Procurement Performance Management Defined: A Best Practice Guide for a New Decade
- Pierre Lapree on LinkedIn
- Jason Treida on LinkedIn
- AOP podcast episode 146: How To Bring Trust & Transparency To The Savings Reporting Process w/ Pierre Lapree
- AOP podcast episode 093: Procurement Change Must Come from Within w/ Pierre Lapree
- Practitioners: get 25% off any ProcureCon North America ticket