In this episode, AOP Host Philip Ideson and Kelly Barner (General Manager of AOP and Owner of Buyers Meeting Point) discuss their major take-aways from October’s news, industry topics and podcast interviews.
In October, we heard a total of seven podcasts:
- A solo show from Philip Ideson on Getting Executive Buy-in for a Procurement Change Initiative
- A five-part series with leadership team from Efficio, titled “A CPO’s First 100 Days”
- An interview with Ryan Flynn, a Principal at Deloitte Consulting, about their 8th annual CPO Survey
This month’s discussion topic is one that most procurement professionals – most people, in fact – think about this time of year… How can I set myself up for success in the new year? With less than 60 days remaining in 2019, there isn’t a minute to waste. The AOP team is already actively engaged in the planning process, and we are positive 2020 is going to a much brighter – and bolder – year!
Thanks to everyone for listening in to This Month in Procurement. Please feel free to reach out with questions or comments.
Subscribe to Art of Procurement
Links & Resources
- Practitioners: get 25% off any ProcureCon North America 2019 ticket
- Philip Ideson and Kelly Barner on LinkedIn
- Buyers Meeting Point Homepage
- 274: Getting Executive Buy-In For A Procurement Change Initiative W/ Philip Ideson
- 275-279: A CPO’s First 100 Days
- 280: The 2019 Deloitte CPO Survey Word Of The Year: Complexity W/ Ryan Flynn
- AOP Live: November 12, 11am ET: From Isolated Zero to Enterprise Hero: Best Practices for Managing Holistic Procurement Performance, Made possible by Per Angusta
- AOP Live: November 20, 11am ET: The Current State of Digital Readiness: Mastering the Supply Chain Data Challenge, Made possible thanks to Ivalua
- 193: There’s No Point In Doing A Favor For An Amnesiac W/ Rory Sutherland
- 255: How To Build A “Board Of Directors” And Create Alignment With Executive Stakeholders