In this episode, AOP Host Philip Ideson and Kelly Barner (AOP Content Director and Owner of Buyers Meeting Point) discuss their major take-aways from August’s news, industry topics and podcast interviews.
In August, we split our time between active procurement practitioners and thought leaders. Dana Small, Global Category Manager at BioMarin Pharmaceutical, talked about her transition from finance to procurement (yes, on purpose) and shared how being a business blogger changes her perspective on her ‘day job’. Then Jason Cammorata, Vice President of Strategic Sourcing at MDC Partners, spoke about the qualities that make conflict “good” for an enterprise and the teams within it.
On the thought leader side, Hélène Laffitte, Founder and CEO of Consulting Quest, provided insight into best practices for sourcing consulting services and Procurement Insights Founder Jon Hansen pointed out that while companies can’t transform without going through procurement and supply chain, we aren’t alone in the disruptive challenges we face.
This month’s discussion topic is technology implementation ‘turn arounds’. Since implementations rarely go smoothly without considerable planning and communication, something both Philip and Kelly have experienced personally, nearly every implementation needs a turn around. Often, this stems from the misplaced expectation that implementation = digital transformation, and vice versa.
Subscribe to Art of Procurement
Apple | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | Email
Links & Resources
- Practitioners: get 25% off any ProcureCon North America 2019 ticket
- Philip Ideson and Kelly Barner on LinkedIn
- Buyers Meeting Point Homepage
- Episode 264: Where Did The Money Go? Bridging The Procurement & Finance Gap W/ Dana Small
- Episode 265: A Survival Guide For Managing Consulting Services Spend W/ Hélène Laffitte
- Episode 266: Embracing The Power Of “Good” Conflict W/ Jason Cammorata
- Episode 267: Why Digital Transformation Puts Procurement At The Heart Of The Enterprise W/ Jon Hansen