Tania Seary is passionate about raising the profile of procurement, and is a master connector, and networker. She is the Founding Chairman of Procurious, The Faculty and The Source, and in 2016 was named “Influencer of the Year” by Supply Chain Dive magazine.
I was delighted to invite Tania back onto the show for what is now her third appearance. I wanted to dig deeper into her success as a networker – with a focus on how to balance our online and in-person networking in an age where “connecting” is as easy as a click of a button. What can we do to make meaningful relationships out of those connections that we make online?
We caught up on the progress that Procurious has seen over the past 12 months and their plans for the future – if you are a Procurious member, or have interest in joining, you’ll enjoy this behind the scenes look!
“You don’t have to come up with all the answers yourself. Part of being in a network and being aware of what others are doing is so that everyone can learn from each other.”– Tania Seary
Highlights from the Show Include:
- Tania discusses how procurement professionals working to build careers in an increasingly mobile age can best leverage their network connections.
- How cognitive computing presents an opportunity for procurement to ‘get rid of’ many of the low ROI tasks we’ve been forced to oversee.
- The importance of combining and balancing the advantages of online and in-person networking.
- How procurement should put aside 15 minutes per day for purposeful networking can change the trajectory of your career over time.
- The ability of industry-wide collaboration to raise procurement’s ‘price point’ in the eyes of enterprise executive teams.
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to the Art of Procurement podcast.
- Tania Seary on LinkedIn
- AOP Episode 002: How Procurement Leaders Can Use Social Media To Their Advantage w/ Tania Seary of Procurious
- AOP Episode 123: The Big Idea: Are You Ready for Procurement 4.0? w/ Tania Seary
- Episode Transcript: Download as PDF