Gordon Donovan is one of the leading thinkers in procurement on the topic of skill and behavior development, and I’m also honored to call him a good friend! In today’s podcast, we continue our recent theme of procurement capability development with a focus on how we can actually scale the behaviors that we want to drive in our teams.
We start by talking more broadly about capability development, before narrowing in on capability frameworks. A good capability framework is as much of an art than a science, they can be too simplistic, but more often than not get way too complex to be actionable. In our discussion, we explore how to create an effective capability framework that is integrated into the employee assessment process and mapped into the job roles across your procurement group.
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to the Art of Procurement podcast
- Gordon Donovan on LinkedIn
- Gordon Donovan on Twitter
- 110: The Art & Science of Influence, w/ Gordon Donovan
- Days of Future Past: The Accuracy of Year-End Procurement “Predictions”
- What’s the Story…(Procurement)