Today’s Friday Show is in response to a listener question: how can I get early engagement with my business stakeholders?
In this episode, I take a look back at my experiences as a practitioner, and consider the key elements that differentiated the projects where I was able to engage early and those where I was nothing more than a rubber stamp.
“I have worked in mandated and non-mandated environments. Even where the use of procurement is mandates, stakeholders will find ways to bypass you if they do not see a value in the work you provide.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- Details behind my 5 keys to driving early stakeholder engagement:
- Co-locate with stakeholders
- Engage with stakeholders in advance, without an agenda
- Proactively share information that demonstrates your understanding of their supply markets
- Focus on the objectives of your stakeholder, and not on yours
- Protect your stakeholders from the procurement process.
Links and Resources:
Thanks for Listening!