On this weeks episode of The Art Of Procurement, I am excited to share an interview with Brian Umbenhauer, a Principal of Deloitte Consulting, the Head of Deloitte’s Sourcing & Procurement practice, and a co-author of the 2016 Deloitte CPO Survey.
I have read the Deloitte CPO Survey with interest every year to understand the priorities and challenges that CPO’s are facing, and how those priorities change each year. However, the results often left me with a number of questions as I sought to understand the significance of the data points.
This year, I had the chance to dig deeper! In this wide ranging discussion I go beyond the numbers and discuss what Brian is experiencing in the field in terms of how CPO’s are reacting to the issues raised in the survey.
“The available talent in the market is demanding such premiums that most companies are unable to attract them as they do not have the budget.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- What the key takeaways are from this years report.
- What the most successful CPO’s are doing to change the conversation in the c-suite in terms of how companies measure procurement performance.
- Are CPOs truly looking at risk holistically or are they looking at it from a purely financial perspective.
- Does risk play a bigger role in some industries more than others.
- Why Supplier Collaboration is a huge value lever for CPOs.
- Why the talent gap is getting wider and how CPOs can solve this issue.
- Reasons why 60% of CPOs don’t have a clear technology strategy and what they are doing to invest more in technology.
Episode Transcript (PDF):
- Click here to download a copy of today’s episode transcript (PDF).
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to The Art of Procurement
- Deloitte Global Chief Procurement Officer Survey 2016
- Charting the Course: Why Procurement Must Transform by 2020
- Brian Umbenhauer on LinkedIn
- Brian Umbenhauer profile on Deloitte.com
Thanks for Listening!