How can we make procurement less boring? That is the question I recently posed based on the perception that I have heard from the outside that procurement is a boring profession. As you can imagine, it led to a lively debate!
In this episode I explore why others may feel that procurement is boring, when practitioners believe it is anything but. I share three listener voicemails, and give my opinion on the actions and mind shift that we need to take to increase the reputation of the work we do.
iTunes | Subscribe | Rate & Review
“If you look at the old school procurement model, it is boring in the context of what is possible today!”
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to The Art of Procurement
- 50 Lessons from 50 Shows: Art of Procurement Free Report
- Philip Ideson on LinkedIn.
- How Can We Make Procurement Less Boring? LinkedIn posts in the Procurement Professionals and ISM groups.
- LinkedIn profiles of the commenters featured in today’s episode: Linda Michels, Chris Gallagher, Chris Ness, Riya Nehra, Vlada de Nooij, Maayan Nissan.
Thanks for Listening!