How can we make procurement less boring? That is the question I recently posed based on the perception that I have heard from the outside that procurement is a boring profession. As you can imagine, it led to a lively debate!
In this episode I explore why others may feel that procurement is boring, when practitioners believe it is anything but. I share three listener voicemails, and give my opinion on the actions and mind shift that we need to take to increase the reputation of the work we do.
“If you look at the old school procurement model, it is boring in the context of what is possible today!”
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to The Art of Procurement
- 50 Lessons from 50 Shows: Art of Procurement Free Report
- Philip Ideson on LinkedIn.
- How Can We Make Procurement Less Boring? LinkedIn posts in the Procurement Professionals and ISM groups.
- LinkedIn profiles of the commenters featured in today’s episode: Linda Michels, Chris Gallagher, Chris Ness, Riya Nehra, Vlada de Nooij, Maayan Nissan.
Thanks for Listening!