Mark Bilgin is a career negotiator and the author of Mastering High Stakes Negotiations and he is joining BMP Radio for a regular podcast series on all things negotiation.
In this session, we’re going to depart from the straight and narrow negotiation topics we’ve tackled in the past and take on something a little trendier: AI.
I recently came across some interesting articles (see episode links) about how to negotiate with AI providers. For enterprises and procurement organizations piloting or evaluating this emerging technology, there is very little to go on when preparing for a meeting with an AI vendor.
Highlights from the Show Include:
- Drawing on procurement’s past experiences with traditional complex goods and services when preparing to negotiate with AI providers
- When ‘bluffing’ becomes a source of risk on both sides of a negotiation – drawing the line between taking a ‘trailblazer’ approach to risk tolerance and avoiding the acceptance of detrimental risk
- Setting the pace of negotiation and implementation in completely new efforts: making sure that neither side commits to more than they have the foresight to handle with reasonable accuracy
Links and Resources:
- Mark Bilgin on LinkedIn
- Buyers Meeting Point Review of Mastering High Stakes Negotiations
- Mastering High Stakes Negotiations on Amazon
- Sam Jenks, “6 Applications of Artificial Intelligence for your Supply Chain.” Medium: Kodiak Community, October 26, 2017.
- Mikhail Naumov, “How to successfully negotiate with the 3 types of AI vendors” Venturebeat, May 3, 2018.
- Episode Transcript