Today, I welcomed Geoff Talbot, Vice President of Membership Services at Sourcing Industry Group (SIG) to the show to discuss the key procurement priorities that SIG is seeing across its corporate member community as we head into 2016.
SIG is perfectly positioned to see the key trends that are impacting the procurement community. They are an executive network of procurement leaders and outsourcing professionals represented by both buy side and sell side organizations. Their member companies are made up of Fortune 500 and Global 1000 organizations, and SIG hosts summits, symposiums, roundtables and webinars on a regular basis sharing best practices and trends that will impact their community. I was delighted to welcome Geoff onto the show to share what SIG is seeing in terms of the most pressing procurement priorities in 2016.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The recurring themes from conversations with SIG member companies that are shaping their procurement priorities in 2016
- Which industry is bracing themselves for tighter regulatory requirements with regards to third party risk management?
- What is the risk factor that is causing most concern for the former CIO of the White House?
- What is Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and how does it apply to procurement?
- How procurement can elevate its value proposition by integrating CSR management into its daily activities.
- The impact on talent planning based on the expectation that 50% of the workforce will be non-employees by 2020.
- The growing importance of procurement outsourcing as a delivery model, and the use cases among the SIG member community.
Links and Resources:
- Geoff Talbot on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Sourcing Industry Group (SIG) Homepage
- Procurement: Leading the Way in Corporate Social Responsibility Report (IBM Whitepaper)
- SIG University
- SIG Career Board (SIG Member Companies Job Listings)
Thanks for Listening!