Throughout the course of each week, I come across a ton of procurement related content – some great and sadly, some filler. So I am trying an experiment. I am going to share with you the best content that I have found related to all things procurement during the last 7 days (and I hope you share my tastes!)
If you didn’t catch it already, my interview with Brian Umbenhauer, Global Head of Deloitte’s Sourcing & Procurement practice is shaping up to be the most listened episode yet. We dug beneath the numbers to discuss how CPO’s are addressing the findings of Deloitte’s 2016 CPO Survey.
Ok, let’s go into this weeks links:
- This week was the eWorld Procurement Conference in London, with the focus being on technology and innovation. Check out these reviews of the event by Nancy Clinton of Spend Matters UK (Agility and Connectivity, Some New Friends and Raspberry Blowing) and Aaron Mo of Procurement Leaders (Technology and Talent Trends that will Shake-Up Procurement).
- A second big event with week was the Procurement Leaders Americas Congress in Miami. Procurement Leaders Editor Steve Hall summarizes key takeaways: Americas Congress: Lessons in Living with Change.
- Are procurement professionals stuck in the stone age? Anya McKenna of Market Dojo and Ed Cross of Odesma explore what procurement software designers can learn from their B2C counterparts in this two part series (Part 1; Part 2) (I came across Part 2 this week which compelled me to dig into the archives and find Part 1!)
- What is next for Procurious? Founder Tania Seary explains all: Catching up with Tania Seary of Procurious — Network Hits 12,000 Members, Plans to Launch Corporate Edition in 2016 (Spend Matters).
- Anna Spady of RFP365 explores if and how you should be weighting your RFP responses in this two part series: Is RFP Weighted Scoring Worth the Work? and The Easy Way to Do RFP Weighted Scoring.
- Geoff McAllister of Leanfox explores the skills required to be successful in sales and procurement and finds them to be remarkably similar: Sales and Procurement – 2 Sides of the Same Coin (LinkedIn Pulse).
- Procurement CSR expert Alis Sindbjerg Hemmingsen discusses the impact that being a responsible company has on your organization’s reputation: Is Your Company’s Product Responsible Enough to Buy? (Procurious Blog).
- Vizibl co-founder Alex Short shares the key considerations you face before embarking on the path of building a collaborative supplier engagement: 7 Questions you Must Answer Before Starting Collaborative Supplier Engagements.
- ISM CEO Tom Derry explores three challenges that CPO’s are facing in this piece: Three Significant Supply Chain Challenges Executives are Facing (Industry Week).
- Mark Wan, Head of Strategic Sourcing at Webster Bank, shared an engagement continuum to help sourcing professionals and leaders plot where they are – and where they want to be – in terms of engagement with business stakeholders: Procurement/Sourcing Engagement with the Front Office (LinkedIn Pulse)
Ok, that concludes the first Art of Procurement Saturday Linkfest. I’d love to hear your feedback. Too many links? Just right? Should I just provide the link without the commentary? Just let me know in the comments section, below.
Have a great weekend,
PS – if this is of value, sign up to receive the Saturday Linkfest delivered straight into your inbox.