We are back after a week hiatus with the latest Art of Procurement Saturday Linkfest!
In fact, the reason for the tardiness lack of time I had to do any procurement reading last week was related to the first article I am going to share. I was invited to attend the excellent inaugural Silicon Valley Sourcing Leaders event in San Francisco, which led to a 20-hour round trip in the car with two young kids (thanks to wildfires, crashes, construction and Friday afternoon San Fran traffic). However, it was very much worth it!
So without further ado, lets go into the stories that I have been reading this week:
- Greater Value from Digitization: 4 Tips from a Global Sourcing Leader (by Lindsey Quinn, Scout RFP).
- Supplier Management: Procurement’s Strategic Risk Management Opportunity (by Jon Kirby, Genpact).
- How to Get Your CV (Resume) In Front of a Real Person & Past an Algorithm (by Andy Wilkinson)
- The Misconception that is Procurement (by Darren Young)
- Be a Master of Assets if You Want to Succeed in an As-a-Service Economy (by Pierre Mitchell)
- Must Do Better: The Procurement Exam Result (by Sidonia Michoux) (Sidonia admits that some of these thoughts may have come from a place of frustration, but they do provide food for thought).
Have a great weekend!