Time has flown by – we have now passed a half century of shows! I have learned a TON from the thought leaders who have graciously shared their time with us to help us all collectively elevate the role of procurement.
In today’s show, I take a look back at five key themes that I have taken away from the first fifty episodes. Listen to the show and you will also hear how to get my 20 page report where I share a key lesson that I learned from each episode!
“What I have learned is that change must come from within. We don’t – and in fact we shouldn’t – ask for permission to do things differently.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- The details behind why I selected the following themes as my key learnings from the first 50 episodes of the Art of Procurement:
- Change must come from within
- That a two-tier procurement model will present great opportunities, but there will be professionals that fall by the wayside
- The importance of alignment in making procurement relevant
- That the skills needed to be successful are changing, and if leaders cannot find the skills they need from inside our function they will look outside
- Collaboration is key to competitive advantage, and to elevating the role of procurement.
Links and Resources:
Thanks for Listening!