In today’s Art of Procurement Friday Show, I wanted to follow up on the discussion from the last episode with Stan Litow, President of the IBM Foundation and Vice President of Corporate Affairs at IBM. I explore CSR a little further, and the role that procurement can play, over and above what was discussed in episode 26 which was mainly focused on how procurement can help spur small business growth by giving small, local, businesses the opportunity to win business. What was interesting to me was that the outside view was that the key role we play is related to growth, where as the internal procurement view is to protect our organizations against harm. I explore this further in today’s show.
“Playing an active role in corporate social responsibility is part of redefining procurement’s value proposition in a new and evolving area of business.”
Episode Transcript (PDF):
- Click here to download a copy of today’s episode transcript (PDF).
Links and Resources:
- 21 Tips to Help Secure Your Dream Procurement Job
- Episode 26: Introduction to CSR: How Can Procurement Facilitate Small Business Growth, with Stan Litow, President of the IBM Foundation
- Episode 3: The Top 3 Priorities for Procurement Leaders in 2016, with Geoff Talbot
- Recommend a guest for Art of Procurement
Thanks for Listening!