In this episode, AOP Host Philip Ideson and Kelly Barner (AOP Content Director and Owner of Buyers Meeting Point) discuss their major take-aways from February’s news, industry topics and podcast interviews.
In February, Andrew Daley (Edbury Daley) described the importance of conquering risk aversion when we scope out and fill open positions. Jens Hentschel (FIVIS Partnership) reminded us of the danger of “toiling away” at a tactical level while missing the big picture. Finally, Matt Clark (Corcentric) described the positioning challenges being faced by accounts payable organizations as well as the company’s recent acquisitions: Source One Management Services and Determine.
Don’t miss out on upcoming opportunities to connect with us in person at ProcureCon and Ariba Live, or the latest on the AOP Live schedule – including the free download on Building a Procurement AI Game Plan based on February’s session with Sievo.
This month’s discussion topic was driven by the findings of The Hackett Group’s 2019 CPO Agenda Report: Building Next-Generation Capabilities. The existing gaps between what procurement believes is important from a skills development perspective and what the enterprise values (and why) may be a quick read, but it deserves a lot of thought
Subscribe to Art of Procurement
Links & Resources
- The 60 Minute Catalyst – Art of Procurement Kickstarter Campaign
- Practitioners: get 25% off any ProcureCon North America 2019 ticket
- Philip Ideson and Kelly Barner on LinkedIn
- Episode 238: Redefining Success In A Customer-Centric Procurement Organization W/ Jens Hentschel
- Episode 239: The Long-Term Impact Of Risk-Averse Recruiting W/ Andrew Daley
- Episode 240: Bridging The Gap Between Procurement & Accounts Payable W/ Matt Clark
- AOP Blog Post: Are We Focused On The Right Transformation Objectives?
- The Hackett Group 2019 CPO Report: Building Next-Generation Capabilities