Today’s show is a little different. With it being Thanksgiving Week in the United States, I decided not to publish an interview. Instead, I offer my perspective on a hot topic – whether or not procurement outsourcing is an all or nothing value proposition. I discuss a recent LinkedIn Group blog post and subsequent debate on whether procurement outsourcing has value for CFO’s and CPO’s, and why the answer is not as black and white as it may appear.
iTunes | Subscribe | Rate & Review
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why do procurement professionals fear procurement outsourcing?
- Why levering third party service providers to provide procurement services is here to stay.
- Why there is no such thing as a one-size fits all approach to procurement outsourcing.
- Examples of procurement outsourcing use cases.
Links and Resources:
- Philip Ideson on LinkedIn, Twitter and Procurious.
- Why CPO’s Should Consider Outsourcing Procurement blog post at HCMWorks.
- Why CPO’s Should Consider Outsourcing Procurement discussion on LinkedIn.
- Should Procurement Fear or Embrace Procurement-as-a-Service. Philip Ideson interview on Buyers Meeting Point, and the interview summary.
- ProcureChange Homepage
- Procurement Outsourcing Basics training course.
Thanks for Listening!