I was thrilled to be a part of the Zycus Horizon 2016 event as the media partner for the conference. As part of the partnership, I was able to moderate a main stage panel event and present a separate session in the leadership tract. In today’s episode, I provide an overview of the two sessions that I was involved in that cover procurement innovation, and the immediate steps I believe we need to sake to “save” procurement from extinction.
I also share my key takeaways from the activities that I was able to attend – with topics such as the Internet of Things, Relevancy of Procurement, Procurement Innovation and the role of technology in procurement as a competitive advantage (the answer may surprise you).
“One of my key takeaways from the panel session that I led is how contextual the notion of innovation is. It really depends on where each company is on their journey, but also the industry and whether their focus is on Direct or Indirect spend.”
Links and Resources:
- Subscribe to the Art of Procurement podcast.
- Slides from my presentation: Saving your Job from Extinction: How to Make Procurement Relevant in Today’s Times
- EP98: Key Learnings from a Procurement Source to Pay Technology Transformation w/ Scott Deibert & Bart Baetens of Carlson Rezidor
- EP85: Next Generation Procurement (Part 1): Will Procurement Exist in 10 Years?
- EP87: Next Generation Procurement (Part 2): Survive & Thrive in the New Era of Procurement