Time has flown by – we have now passed a half century of shows! I have learned a TON from the thought leaders who have graciously shared their time with us to help us all collectively elevate the role of procurement.
In today’s show, I take a look back at five key themes that I have taken away from the first fifty episodes. Listen to the show and you will also hear how to get my 20 page report where I share a key lesson that I learned from each episode!
“What I have learned is that change must come from within. We don’t – and in fact we shouldn’t – ask for permission to do things differently.”
In this episode, you will learn:
- The details behind why I selected the following themes as my key learnings from the first 50 episodes of the Art of Procurement:
- Change must come from within
- That a two-tier procurement model will present great opportunities, but there will be professionals that fall by the wayside
- The importance of alignment in making procurement relevant
- That the skills needed to be successful are changing, and if leaders cannot find the skills they need from inside our function they will look outside
- Collaboration is key to competitive advantage, and to elevating the role of procurement.
FREE 50 Lessons from 50 Shows
There was not enough time in the show to share all 50 of my learnings from the first 50 episodes. But fear not! You can download a copy of my free report: “50 Lessons from 50 Shows” by clicking here and entering your email address.
Links and Resources:
Thanks for Listening!