Today, I would like to follow up on the show we had a couple of weeks ago with Tim Jones at Google.
If you did not hear the show, I would highly recommend it. It’s the fastest downloaded show so far on the Art of Procurement! You can listen at artofprocurement.com/google.
If you recall, Tim talked about the journey that Google took to become a trusted advisor, and the first step of that journey was to take the administrative and transactional work of the hands of the strategic team so that they could focus on building stakeholder relationships.
What I wanted to do today was to share how you can go about doing this at your company.
“The benefit is that these high cost employees now are able to create more value because they are doing more strategic activities, and they are engaged because they are doing work that they enjoy.”
Episode Transcript (PDF):
- Click here to download a copy of today’s episode transcript (PDF).
Links and Resources:
- 21 Tips to Help Secure Your Dream Procurement Job
- Please use this link when shopping on Amazon
- The Google Episode of Art of Procurement with Tim Jones
- Advanced Purchasing Dynamics
- Philip Ideson on LinkedIn, Twitter and Procurious.
Curves Chart Image
Thanks for Listening!