This is Part 2 of a wide ranging discussion with Andrew Daley, the co-founder of the procurement recruitment consultancy firm, Edbury Daley. In Part 2, we discuss the current state of the UK procurement job market.
In Part 1 of the interview, Andrew shares the strategies and tactics that procurement professionals can use to secure their dream job in 2016. This is highly relevant to procurement professionals wherever you are in the world, and I highly recommend you listen to the show in its entirety by clicking here. In Part 2, we focus specifically on the health of the UK procurement job market.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What is the state of the UK procurement job market across multiple job categories: leadership, direct, indirect, consulting / service providers, non-category specific and interim?
- What skills are companies placing a premium on?
- Andrew’s concerns about the Interim / temporary market.
- Why the consulting / procurement service provider market is particularly strong.
- What skills you need if you want to make the leap from industry to a career with a procurement consultancy or service provider.
Links and Resources:
- Andrew Daley on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Edbury Daley, the UK based procurement recruitment consultancy co-founded by Andrew Daley.
- Q3 2015 Procurement Quarterly Market Update – an update on the state of the UK procurement job market published by Edbury Daley.
Thanks for Listening!